What are Popular Saree Types In Jaipur
Jaipur is not only a popular tourist destination but a paradise for Shopaholics. From Gota Patti to Block Print or be it Bandhani or Pittan, Jaipur is the home of such renowned crafts. These arts are handcrafted by artisans from generations of skills passed, these crafts not only secure a place in the wardrobes of women but are very close to their hearts.
Jaipuri Sarees are known for their vibrant colors, breathable fabrics, and an incredible mix of modern and traditional styles befitting every occasions. These attractive sarees make amazing souvenirs. Below are some famous six yards of Jaipur one must have:
Varieties Of Saree-
- Bandhani Saree: When we talk about Jaipuri Sarees, Bandhani remains on the top. Vibrant Colorful, handcrafted designs, and alluring patterns, are all we call to mind when we talk about Jaipuri Bandhani Saree. The delicate art of Tie and Die along with its attractive and unique patterns are not only mesmerizing but considered to bring good fortune to the wearer. Every Marriage in Rajasthan is incomplete without a Bandhej Saree. This heritage art is celebrated in the modern world with styles like, Ghatchola sarees.
- Leheriya/ Mothra Saree : Another timeless art of Rajasthan is available in two different styles. Leheriya is marked by the wavy, zig-zag patterns whereas Mothra is the criss-cross lines. The textile crafts of tie and die is a visual invocation of flowing water. These sarees embody Rajasthani life and the pattern of waves made by blowing wind on the surface of sand dunes. Leheriya is not just a style but an era in itself. It has made a revolution in the modern fashion industry with the alluring patterns, vivid colors experimented with different fabrics. Leheriya Sarees are favorite picks of women for the festive season.
- Gota Patti Saree: A substantial amount of time, intricate detailing, and patience is what Gota Patti is all about. The spectacular art of Rajasthan involves an array of techniques. The designs are inspired by nature, birds, animals, and so on. Gota Patti gives a touch of royalty to the sarees it embraces. Nothing can be more royal to the closet than a Handcrafted Gota Patti Saree.
- Block Print: The art of rich natural colors has its roots in Bagru. Dated back around years ago Hand Block print is an ancient style of decorating fabrics with wooden blocks. The art is still preserved due to the immense work and artistic techniques of rural artisans. Bagru Print Sarees has esteemed the world for the portrayal of Rajasthan’s Legacy. These Sarees have already created a buzz in the fashion industry. Experiment the drapes with pants and get ready to turn the heads!
- Pittan Work Saree: How can we forget the Royal Rajasthani Art Of Pitan Work(beating up)? This art is a unique combination of simplicity, regalia, and elegance. This art involves is done by beating the golden or silver thread on the fabric, and the outcomes are beyond doubt. The exquisite art of Pitan work is losing its importance in society but we stand apart and reinterpret this art to contribute to its popularity.
- Aari Jaal Saree: The flawless craft of Indian Weavers is still a game-changer in the fashion industry. One of the ancient arts originated from the Mughal era, it is still close to the hearts of artisans. Intrinsic web-like patterns are created on the fabric and often embellished to add richness to the embroidery. This artwork is well with every season. Aari Jaal Sarees can always be the first choice, be it a morning brunch or wedding they go well with every occasion.
- Mukaish Work Saree: Another timeless art famously used in Sarees is the Mukaish work. It is an ages-old embroidery technique originally crafted to enhance the look of fabrics. Identified as a dotted pattern, it involves the technique of twisting thin metallic threads on lightweight fabrics. The delicate embroidery offers the beauty to the saree which is undeniable.
Each form of art is embedded on different fabric type to display a new look and feel. Chiffon, Organza, Silk, Kota Silk, Kota Cotton, Chanderi and Georgette are most used fabrics to display these sustainable arts.
Where to buy a saree in Jaipur?
Jaipur is a delight to shopping lovers. Are you a lover of Jaipuri Sarees? We have it all! Whether you wish to buy a bandhej saree or a hand-painted saree we have curated everything in our collection.
Balancing the authenticity of traditional handicrafts of Rajasthan and the complexity of ethical fashion, Geroo brings a timeless sustainable collection made with love and Human-touch. Hand embroidery, hand weaving, Handprint, and hand-paint are the forte of our design studio. Pick your favorite Jaipuri Saree!